VAN CORTLANDT TRACK CLUB Updated: 2011
Web Site - Terms & Conditions of Use:
By accessing Van Cortlandt Track Club’s (“VCTC”) web sites (VCTConline.com, and related VCTC.org), you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The “Materials” (i.e, Newsletter, photos, videos, race calendar, training, blogs, news feeds, and other information) contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download materials (including the Newsletter) from VCTC’s web site for personal viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
1. modify or copy the materials;
2. use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
3. remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
4. transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
The materials on VCTC’s web sites are provided "as is". VCTC makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular. VCTC does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site, or on any sites linked to this site.
4. Limitations: In no event shall VCTC or its suppliers be liable for any damages arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on VCTC’s Internet site, even if VCTC, or a representative, has been notified orally, or in writing, of the possibility of such damage.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on VCTC’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors.
VCTC has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web sites and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Van Cortlandt Track Club of the site.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to VCTC’s web sites shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Introduction: Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information.
The new VCTC web site (VCTConline.com) which operates on the NING platform, is by its very nature, a social network. Thus, a certain amount of personal information you provide us will be disclosed to the public. Van Cortlandt Track Club operates an open web-site (i.e, available to the public without a password), the openness of your personal information will depend on the Settings (including Privacy) set by you, the user.
* We will collect and use personal information (i.e, your e-mail address, date of birth, password) solely with the objective of fulfilling purposes (i.e, transmitting important messages to you, creating a unique user profile) specified by us and for other compatible purposes relating to VCTC’s websites.
* You have the option, but are not required as of this time, to add information about your gender, birth location, current residence, relationship status, race times, hobbies, interests, and a profile-photo.
* While you have the option of setting Privacy Levels to high (limiting public viewing), the Website administrators can view your personal information (other than password).
* Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used.
* Personal data may also be used for Third-Party Applications/”Apps” (i.e, running results page, surveys). At this time, however, there are few such Apps.
* The NING platform uses “cookies” to automatically receive and record information from your browers to its servers.
* When you send messages, making Blog postings etc., your actions, comments, etc., may be viewable by others (such as the “latest activity” on VCTConline’s Home Page). The level of information accessible to the public will depend on your Privacy Setting. However, note that the web site Administrators can view this information. Also note, certain portions of the website (i.e., Blogs) are open to the public, while others (i.e, certain Groups) may, or may not.
* While the Web site does not have advertising at the present time, it may allow “third-party ad servers” to serve advertisements in the future.
* We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from anyone under the age of 13.
Acceptible Use and Conduct
* You will not post, email or make available any Content to users in a manner that infringes, violates etc., any intellectual property rights. You may not send software viruses, engage in spamming, act in a manner that is threatening, abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful to any person, act in a manner that is discriminatory based on race, color, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
We are committed to conducting club business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.