Alternate Thursdays at 7 pm:
- May 23 (Th)
- June 6 (Th)
- June 20 (Th)
- July 4 (Th) 2-person x 2 Mile Relay
- July 18 (Th)
- August 1 (Th)
- August 15 (Th)
Race day registration is $7.
Register NOW and save a couple of bucks.
Pies to overall male and female winners each race!
- Carrot cake muffins to top 3 in all 10 years age groups, plus <15 and 15-19, each race!
- Exciting raffle prizes and free race entries!
- Registration and number pick-up 5:45-6:45pm at the Tortoise & The Hare statue (opposite Gleeson's Sports Bar & Grill, 6115 Broadway).
- Races start at 7pm on the Parade Ground ("the flats") just north of registration, and proceed onto the historic cross country course.
- Races are 5k going over the back hills, except the 2-person relay (2 miles each).
- All races are held rain or shine, but violent thunderstorms can sometimes cause minor delays.
- We are using tear-off strips attached to your bib for scoring, so do not remove it from your bib prior to the race. You will turn this in after crossing the finish line.
- Public transportation: #1 subway to 242nd Street (last stop) and walk 400m north along Broadway.
- Driving: On-street parking is hit-or-miss. Sometimes you get lucky, usually you don't. Get here as early as possible and be prepared to park several blocks away from the start area. The long-term meters near the subway are a good option.
Series Points System
- 1st Overall (M & F): 6 pts
- 1st age group: 4 pts
- 2nd age group: 3
- 3rd age group: 2
- finish race: 1
- finish all 6 races (relay doesn't count): 5-point bonus
- Tie breaker - based on age-graded performance of last race of each person using the calculator under the vctc.org Races & Group Runs tab above.
Race Director, James' email: email@example.com
2010 Results: RESULTS
2011 Results: RESULTS
2012 Results: RESULTS
Race #1 - 5/23/13
Race #2 - 6/6/13
Race #3 - 6/20/13
Race #4 - 7/4/13 - Relay
Mahopac to the Bronx Challenge - 7/4/13
Race #5 - 7/18/13
Race #6 - 8/1/13
Race #7 - 8/15/13